Newport Beach, CA
Salary: $60,000.00 to $75,000.00 /month
The Legal Secretary performs a broad range of administrative and secretarial support for a busy business litigation firm. The Legal Secretary must apply knowledge of legal document formats to assist in the preparation of correspondence, discovery, briefs, summonses, complaints, and motions. Unlike most firms that assign a secretary to work directly for a few attorneys, our firm assigns its secretary to specific cases, making the legal secretary an integral part of the litigation team.
Additional responsibilities will include:
- Filing and serving legal documents in compliance with state and federal law, and local court rules;
- Assist in drafting legal pleadings, correspondence, and other documents;
- Working collaboratively with attorneys and paralegals throughout the entire litigation process, including trial;
- Organizing and maintaining case files and documentation, electronically
- Contributing to the team effort by accomplishing related results and participating on projects as needed
- High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- 2 or more years of experience as a Legal Secretary with an emphasis in civil litigation.
- Experience drafting legal documents and correspondence
- Experience filing and serving legal documents, including e-filing;
- A willingness to work hard.
- Organization and prioritization skills
- Good to excellent grammar skills
- Strong Microsoft Office and Adobe Pro or Adobe DC skills is desirable.
- Familiarity with litigation management software systems is desirable
About the Company: For twenty-five years, the firm has consistently been considered one of the top business trial law firms in Orange County. It is a busy law firm handling high-end commercial litigation disputes, including partnership and shareholder disputes, breach of contracts, trade secrets, and legal malpractice cases. Their attorneys have received numerous awards and accolades for their accomplishments. They take a team-oriented approach to serving our clients and need people that are willing to learn, work hard and care about the results.
EOE disability/vets Benefits:
- Salary Range: $60,000 – $75,000, depending on experience.
- Two weeks paid vacation per year
- Paid holidays
- 40 sick hours per year;
- Excellent benefits on Health and dental insurance.
- Life insurance
- Eligible 401K after 1 year.