Santa Ana, CA
Salary: $60,000.00 to $80,000.00 /year
Staff Accountant for a Consulting Firm (part or full time)
C3 Business Solutions (C3), a highly regarded and dynamic local Oracle consulting firm is seeking a highly motivated and dedicated individual to join our team as a Staff Accountant.
We want you to be on the path to be our future Controller!
- Experience and knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Knowledge of federal and state financial regulations to ensure the company keeps an accurate and reconciled general ledger, covering all books, records, supporting documentation, assets and liabilities for any company transactions.
- Working knowledge of short, and long-term budgeting and forecasting, rolling budgets, and business-line profitability analysis.
- Professional, executive-level written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting; preferred 5+ years of experience & CPA
- Experience with Tier 1 ERP computer systems (Oracle, SAP, JD Edwards) is preferred.
- Real life use and knowledge of Hyperion Essbase is a plus.
- Has prior staff accounting job experience.
- Has company level vision skills and wants to be a future Controller.
- Wants to leverage ERP software to drive consistent, reliable accounting processes
- Can use spreadsheets but understands this is only for ad hoc analysis.
- Willing to learn Oracle EBS software with all its options and drive increase system usage
- Uses intuition to recognize improvement opportunities & drive efficiencies through innovation.
Provide comparative reports on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis.
- Help develop and maintain company internal control policies.
- Analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and projections.
- Deliver the accounting reports but also summarize the story that the numbers are telling
- Implement/Support accounting best practices but mange these against the business size and cash basis accounting methods.
- Optimize accounting for tax, while not being overly conservative.
- Assist management with various projects as requested.
Benefits: (14 days PTO, Medical, Dental, Life, 401k, Profit Sharing, Qrtly Bonuses, etc)
Full time salary range: $60K to $80K dependent on experience
Must be eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship.